Rough Diamond Course
The beauty of a diamond emerges not only after it has been polished; nature endows diamonds with beautiful and unique shapes, and to study them in their rough state is an art and science in itself. This course is one-of-a-kind, and the only such practical evaluation rough diamond course available in the market.
- "Morphology" or study of diamond forms
- Sorting of rough
- Techniques for grading clarity and color
- Impact of tension and fluorescence
- Yield estimation and planning
- Determining price of single stones and rough parcels
- Origin determination
- Rough scanning and analysis using specialized computer software
- Intensive lab sessions
- Working with industrial and gem quality rough of all shapes and sizes
- Manual planning using gauges and simple tools
- Systematic pricing format
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry mostly became: rough diamond grader, valuer, trader, miner, evaluator, appraiser for customs department, diamond manufacturer, entrepreneur, etc.
- GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST, G.G.
(Polished Diamond + Rough Diamond + Colored Stones courses)
- DIAMOND GRADUATE, D.G.
(Polished Diamond + Rough Diamond courses)